Saturday, June 9, 2012

Wulfheim Interview



  1. Can you give us an update on what is going on with the band these days?
    I´ve just finished "Al Svart", my last album and I´m under the promotion righ now.



  1. How would you describe the musical sound of the new material and how it differs from the older recordings?
    Personally talking,I´m right now in the place that I wanted to be in the others ones.
    I´ve recorded the album with a different feeling,catching some elements that made my music more strong,fast and creepy, including grim atmospheres and new fragments with harsh voices and shriek vocals.I´m very proud of "Al Svart".



  1. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the music?
    From the real thing,nothing about beliefs or myths.Betray,depression,abandon,grief and every form of pain into mind.



  1. I have noticed that some of the lyrics where written in Norwegian on this recording, what was the decision behind using this langauge in the songs?
    I don´t speak norwegian I just use little fragments and some titles for the album because when I´m writing my lyrics never close doors to myself with others languagues if it makes more interesting my music or my vision.All my lyrics are written in english with some parts in latin sometimes.



  1. I have read that this band started out as a solo project, how would you compare working with a band as opposed to being solo?
    Wulfheim always was,is and will be a one man band.I´m the only member because nobody can share my own vision or ideas about the feelings of when you´re writting your music or lyrics.For me is very simple to explain Wulfheim is myself in my own creation and never will be part of anyone more.



  1. Has the band been able to play out live or is this strictly a studio project?
    I feel free to do all I want when I´m recording in studio without pressures of performing the same things that after could not be the same and looks a complete dissapointment because all is different in the stage and the creation hasn´t the same strenght.
    I did plans in the past but they never went done and for the moment I´ll keep Wulfheim in the studio.



  1. Is the band currently singed to a record label?
    I´m talking with many labels but nothing is sure about anything yet but right now I´m under negotiations with Mortis Humanae Prod. and if everything goes well "Al Svart" could be a physical Cd in September.



  1. On the new album there is a Darkthrone cover, what made you want to do your own version of this classic song?
    I think about Black Metal that the golden age of the style is in the period 80/90´s and like the purity of the essence in those days.As I did the cover of Massacre from Bathory in my album "Crowland",I chose this time to do a cover of another great and significant band as Darkthrone and I did the cover from Under A funeral Moon because is my favourite song and album from them.


  1. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by black metal fans that have heard you music?
    The responses always have been good about reviews and interviews.



  1. Are there any other projects besides this band or is this full time?
    I just play in Wulfheim full time.



  1. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases/
    I would like to continue same line that in "Al Svart".



  1. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
    About all Bathory in the Black Metal period,Gorgoroth,Beherit,Setherial,Old Darkthrone...about nowadays bands I Iike their type of Black Metal is very different of others.



  1. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music/
    I don´t talk about Satan/satanism or any kind of beliefs/religion in my music.I don´t belive in Satan if I do could be same thing that say that I believe in God and his cristianism, that´s the way I see.About occultism I think is a kind of curiosity that would be interesting as study not as belief because if you believe myths then all you want could be real.
    My oppinion about is I´m not a preacher to tell anyone if must or not believe in anything making apology from differents manners to tell you how you must kill cristians or what is my idea about anything...that´s my idea and my point of view not yours.Really people cares about what I think about religion or beliefs to be influenced by me,beyond to hear my music? I think not.



  1. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
    I´m the administrator of the Facebook group named Black Metal Hordes that is dedicated exclusively to Black Metal and all in relationship with the style where every band can promote their work and post their music and I´m also part of the staff from a spanish web where I´m doing the Black Metal section including band bios and information.



  1. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
    Thanks for the interview,total support and you can follow my music in,











No comments:

Post a Comment