Thursday, October 9, 2014

IardarMegin Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
My name is Kevin and I am the mastermind behind the project called IardarMegin. I founded this project back when I had lived in Germany, Bavaria. I am living now in the West of the United States of America. I have always been interested in nature and paganism, linked to occult rites and the Otherworlds. Through my studies I have experienced these powers and forces in my own personal life and I needed a way to express these experiences in a way that relieves my mind and soul.
Of course I have been into metal music and black metal for many, many years.
Whenever I pick up my guitar and compose music, this is what it sounds like. IardarMegin is the final result.

2.Recently you have released a demo, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Repetitive, Dark, Atmospheric - the lyrics of the songs are indeed Rites, taken from occult scripts or rites that I have written and practiced myself.

3.The lyrics cover Shamanism, Occultism, Heathenism and Nature, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in these topics?
I am into the Left Hand Path and old pagan knowledge and wisdom. Of course that means that I have certain values in my life that I hold very high; liberation of the mind and soul from ideologies, dualism and closed world views that separate the mind and soul from the unity with nature and the cosmos.
I have studied a lot of LHP doctrines over the years, from the Luciferian Workings of Michael W. Ford, Ea Koetting, Thomas Karlsson or Chaosgnosticism. But none of them were satisfying to me. They are too limited, too restricted to grasp the powers and, more importantly, the actual reality of the other worlds, their inhabitants and powers.
I strive to overcome manmade illusion that oppress the human mind, and I do not care if that is politics, religion, a certain subculture or genre. Therefore I also am not involved in any black metal scene at all. Mankind has tried over and over again to explain their mystery of life and the cosmos and they have created these thought prisons of absolute, definite answers.
There is too much group pressure going on in this world, too much oppression, lies, might and power over the minds of people. You can see it in religion, in small sects, you can see it in subcultures, even in the black metal scene… part of the LHP should be to get rid of this, and become the divine being that desires growth, expansion of the mind, and finally ascension of the spirit by understanding, wisdom and evolution…

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name ' IardarMegin’?
Iardarmegin is a term connected to norse spirituality and rites. Megin is a term describing a force or power in a magical sense, iardarmegin is the force and power of the earth, the soil, the elements, connected to the unity, the essence that is beyond everything.  Take a look at the Iardarmegin Logo. It is not a logo but a magical symbol with astrological symbolism, it actively invokes the powers from beyond, the essence of pan and that of all nature spirits.
I have found that term while exploring Runosophy, especially the UTHARK, a infamous theory and initiation into the hidden realms of the Runes and Norse spirituality.

5.With this project you record everything solo, do you feel this makes your musical sound more creative?
Not necessarily. I just do not want to rely on anyone. The music may be raw and very primitive, but the experiences behind the music are sacred to me.

6.The project was formed in Germany but now you reside in the united States, what was the decision behind the move?
My US American wife and family. I have left Germany to be with my family.

7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
No.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
I don’t know.

9.Are you also involved with any other musical projects these days?
I was, many years ago, back in Germany...

10.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see the musical direction heading into during the future?
A full length is definitely planned and I will work on it as soon as I will find the time and equipment to do so. Iardarmegin is my tool, there are no limitations, from acoustic music to percussion with ritualistic throat singing you will find a lot of influences from all kinds of genres.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
A lot. When it comes to Black Metal I would have to mention ABIGOR, DEATHSPELL OMEGA, HORNA, SATANIC WARMASTER, FUNERAL WINDS, NEHEMAH, AASKEREIA, ARCKANUM, OFERMOD…
Apart from that, I listen to a lot of different styles; DISTURBED, JOHNNY CASH, REBEL SON,… I have discovered VOLBEAT lately, and I really admire the singers voice and passion.

12.What are some of your non musical interests/
My family.
I am heavily involved into self sufficient farming, permaculture, and gardening.
Which means growing your own food via permacultural principles, biodynamic gardening, generating your own power and electricity, having your own water supply, going hunting or fishing.
Off Grid Homesteading. Chopping firewood, heating and cooking on a woodstove.
I am a lot into herbalism, gardening, and Ive friends living that way of life, from all kinds of careers, even far away from the so called black metal world… Even though I am some kind of prepper, I guess to me it is not about being scared that the world will crumble and fall apart, no. It is rather about living that way of life because it fulfills me no matter whats happening around me.

13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Thank you for for your sincere interest. I appreciate it a lot!

Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment