Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Lucifer's Dungeon Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the band?
Lucifer's Dungeon is band with a strong ideology. Against christian occupation.
...here they act so agrassively. A few tracks are dedicated to one person (The Forest, Destruction, My Eyes)
For nearly 8 years It was my solo project called Dark Cellar (2008 - 2014). In 2014, I met with Cerberus from First Martyr and he joined me right after I explained the idea. Then he introduced me to Iscariot and we started he practice and did few gigs together.

2.Recently you have released your first album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
I think the audience should judge. But first and second (up-comming) albums sound differently.
I like clear sound of guitars so me and listeners can easily hear what I play and maybe figuire out how to play it)))

3.Some of your tracks are all black metal while some are all dark ambient, how would you compare the 2 different styles?
Both are dark. Metal track were written in one circumstances, feelings and mood while ambient in others.
I think ambient is darker by its feeling or at least my feelings when I wrote it.

4.The band has been around since 2008 but waited till 2017 to release any music, can you tell us a little bit more about the long wait?
As I said above, It was my solo project. I couldn't find proper musicians sharing same ideology. Well, there were some people tried to join me
but for them its just a having fun ones or twice a week. They didn't want anything more like touring and of course invest in it.
Finally I met with Cerberus and Iscariot from First Martyr. They have mostly the same view on things. Cerberus is a great man and drummer.

5.A lot of your lyrics leans towards the satanic and anti Christian side of things, can you tell us a little bit more about what this means to you?
Hmm...Difficult to believe but I was in christian school for 1 year lol....Now seriously, Church did inquisition, forced people to accept
its religion by "sword and fire", they completely destroyed russian history before 8-9th centuries, so why do I have to like it?
Same things happened in Nothern countries...but at lease they still know their original gods and their stories, history and so on.
What about us?? Nothing. There are few folk stories for elementary school and a little bit about gods. Didn't we exist before 8th century?
We did and thanks to archeologists for research.
Talking from christian perspective, what have Satan done bad? He gave people consciousness, so we became homosapience. Instead of being just another animal.
Well, we actually are but you all get the idea, I think. Anything bad happens its Satans work...WTF? Poor Satan in christianity. He just wanted the equality.

6.Originally the band was called 'Dark Cellar', what was the cause of the name change and also the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Lucifer's Dungeon'?
Dark Cellar is my soul. No one knows whats in there, Its dark. But Lucifer's Dungeon suites more to lyrical themes..but still there was cellar, now dungeon.

7.In the beginning the band was a solo project, what was the decision behind hiring a full line up?
Spread the word by gigs. I love gigs. At the time of Dark Cellar, I played a bit with a cover band...We playd Iron Maiden, for example.

8.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
The last one I think. In local rock club. Its the only place where you can listen metal bands live.
First few concerts Iscariot was a vocalist and bassist.But from last show Im vocalist and a guitarist.
I liked that show because everything went great and we did it with DSBM band Akari (I love their material).
Their leader, KoNo, did vocal on Destruction in first album. Now, he is about to join Lucifer's Dungeon as
solo-guitarist.

9.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
We plan to set few gigs withing state but welcome for invitations to other places. Call us and we will make you raise horns up!

10.The album was released on 'Grimm Distribution;, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
They are simply great. Do their job well. Whatever they promised was done and on time. Im happy with this cooperation.

11.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal and dark ambient?
We are not something sweet to be liked by everyone. Actually, I don't follow such info.
I just do my job and label does its own. But locally, I have a good feedback after concerts.

12.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
Tours, fests, recording new albums (I write a lot).

13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Influences, When I wrote the first song The Forest I didn't even know about Black Metal. My first inspiration in metal
was Iron Maiden when I was 13. But then, a month after I wrote The Forest, a friend of mine showed me
Satiricon. Then it was DarkThrone, Gorgoroth, Taake, Dark Funeral and so on. Later I was amazed by Moevot.
Now I listen mostly Arckanum (I have all his LP), Gorgoroth, Taake, Carpathian Forest.

14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I just wish people to stop being fakes and followers. Be yourself. Open up your eyes.
Look for Knowledge and Freedom.
Best regards

Bandcamp
Facebook
VKontakte

No comments:

Post a Comment